I decided a few days ago that I would start a blog that I'd write simple things about my day. It's not that I think I'll forget if something major happens in my life, but it seems that sometimes it's the little things that happen in life that make a huge difference and are often forgotten soon after they happen. I like to remember the details of things, what the weather was like, were there any particular sounds or aromas in the air, what was I wearing?
I've started a new chapter in my life this year and I don't want to forget the journey I take. I've left full time work to go back to being a student and I know I have lots of things to learn, and lots of things to look forward to, in fact, tomorrow night is the night that I find out if I have been accepted into the University I have dreamt of going to since I was a little girl. To study teaching at Macquarie University has been something I've planned to do since I was around nine or ten. I planned to study there and live at my grandparents house. I'm now 27 and finally following my dream. I never thought that it would have taken me all these years to actually decide to take the leap and follow my dream, but I also never thought that my dream involved science and High School students, I thought it was Primary Teaching that I would study and for a brief moment I thought that child care and preschool teaching was my calling. It's been an amazing journey of self-discovery over these last nine years but I wouldn't for a second have it any other way. I have made friendships that will last a life time and have learnt valuable lessons, nothing I have done in these years do I regret it has all been part of journey and a story that is so much bigger than I could imagine.
This is not an easy adventure that I begin, for I have given up a full-time (and well paying) job to become a poor student. It has crossed my mind many a time that I may be living off bread and milk to get through this but as the saying goes "where there is a will there is a way." I have not a single doubt in my mind that things will fall into place for I am always looked after, the adventure is not knowing how they will fall into place and just letting the journey unfold naturally.
So this is where I'm going to write those little things down. I hope one day I'll look back on this time and remember the great times I have had, as well as the little things that have completed my days.
No comments:
Post a Comment