Unfortunately for me Australia Day was fairly uneventful. I had no parties to go to, not even a BBQ, my family didn't even invite me anywhere :/ ! So what did I do?
Well I learnt that stripping paint off wooden furniture is a lot harder than one would first think. I also learnt that I'm starting to settle down and old friends are becoming more appealing than they had been this last year. I'm also learning that I love a bit of routine in my life (who doesn't) and that to create a more disciplined lifestyle I should probably get up before 1130am!!!
The table is looking nice. The wood isn't as nice as I'd hoped so I'm working a new angle, I think I'm going for a navy blue and pink theme with a chalkboard on top.. or perhaps I'll end up painting it white and pink? It turns out that whoever painted it last most likely used a spray paint and did the whole underside which it will almost be impossible to get rid of and not leave any trace. So my thinking hat goes on and I'll see what my imagination conjures up!
We also had dinner with some long time friends of ours and to be honest I thought we were outgrowing them but something has happened to make that change. It may have something to do with me hanging up my party shoes and kicking my butt back into gear or the fact that I'm ready to settle down and start a family, yes I did say that.. I want a baby!!! Anyhow whatever has brought on this change I'm glad that it has!
Yesterday I decided that I wanted to start living a bit healthier, eating healthy, exercising more and just generally being more productive with my days. So I started by creating a shopping list full of dinner foods and healthy snacks I can eat when I'm at home. I need to start eating less added sugars and less sugary foods. It turns out I actually like the taste of cornflakes without the sugar, who would have known! I had cheese and ham on toast for lunch and tomorrow I'm gonna have ryvitas and tuna! So wish me luck on my new healthy endeavor!
So while my Australia Day was uneventful at least it was productive and eye opening!
No comments:
Post a Comment