Flipping through my recipe books I could not come across a salad that appealed to my fussy eating habits so I decided to create one of my own. A combination of leafy salad greens, beans, chicken, avocado. mango and potato. I had no idea how it would turn out but I thought I would give it a shot anyhow.
So I roasted the potato, fried the chicken, cooked the beans, sliced and diced the avocado and mango and placed them all together in a bowl. No dressing, just the juices, flavours and textures of the ingredients. For myself, I went one step further and cut the beans even smaller so that I could eat them without gagging, yes I do realise I have a problem ;-)
It turned out just fine and I felt fantastic after it. After a weekend of party food, and birthday brunches I am looking forward to eating healthier this week. I'm ready to try new recipes, new flavours and new foods to try to find meals that are both easy to cook and are delicious to taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment