Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Healthy start...


Mmmm...
So here is a bowl of chopped up pear. Simple and healthy, but truth be told I am almost fairly certain that this is my first fresh pear in my entire life. If I am being honest I am sure I was fed these as a child, but I do not have any memory regarding these. I have however had plenty of tinned pears, which taste nothing like the pear that I ate. Again, if I am being honest, I have to tell you I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I would eat an apple over a pear any day of the week! 
I think my biggest achievement is that I tried something different. I didn't hate it, I just didn't enjoy it as much as other flavours I have had. Last night I also decided to try something a little bit different. I chopped up some avocado, mango, red (spanish) onion and coriander (cilantro) and mixed it together with some lime juice to come up with an Avocado and Mango Salsa as a side dish for my satay chicken. I have never really liked onion, but I thought I would give it a go and maybe I would enjoy it. I am still not a massive fan, but maybe I would enjoy it in smaller portions. The recipe for that can be found on this website.
Here's to new beginnings and moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment